NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a chance to go fishing with Breadman and Breadman Jr. today. We fished on his end of Topsail in some skinny water . It was pretty windy, his famous last words when he called to invite me were "I'll get us out of the wind, don't worry". Ha!

Well at least he put us on some decent fish. I quit counting after 15 reds. All three of us boated a fair share of reds and few small flounder. I caught the big one of the day, measured 26 1/4 inches. I also caught a nice 24 inch fish that had a NCDMF tag.

Thanks for the invite Breadman!

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Great fishing with you Mike! I wish I would not have accidently dumped my pics on my camera.:( They were some nice pics, won't make that mistake again. I can't find any info on blue Dmf red drum tags. Only Red and yellow. We may have a special one there.

·
Red X Angler
993 Posts
:)Great looking fish there Mike, glad Breadman and Breadman Jr. had the opportunity to take you fishing today. Looks like that drum with the blue tag might have been a real special one. :DMaybe it will be a Lottery Fish, LOL might come with cash and prizes. All joke aside glad you caught some fish on such a windy and rough day. I know it was also pretty special seeing Breadman Jr. catching fish. Always love to see kids catch fish wherther I catch any or not.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
:)Great looking fish there Mike, glad Breadman and Breadman Jr. had the opportunity to take you fishing today. Looks like that drum with the blue tag might have been a real special one. :DMaybe it will be a Lottery Fish, LOL might come with cash and prizes. All joke aside glad you caught some fish on such a windy and rough day. I know it was also pretty special seeing Breadman Jr. catching fish. Always love to see kids catch fish wherther I catch any or not.
oh really...I'll have to keep that in mind, what's the age cutoff?? :D

Reactions: FishinTopsail

·
Registered
315 Posts
TA I caught a drum last year with a blue tag in it around Broad Creek in new bern. I called the wildlife dept. They told me the color tag maked where the fish originated. They ask you for the tag number, sent me a hat with a drum on it and paperwork on all the tracking of that fish. I thought it was pretty cool.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Great catch guys. Your really on the fish!!! The wife and i decided to launch at the uso in Jville and fish the upper end so when the blow started, we would have a tail wind going back. Thank goodness for that call.....it was nasty on the river in a 14 foot jon boat. The good news is we found a nice school of reds and had fun with them as well. The wife lost her first overslot near the boat after almost getting it to the net for the 3rd time. Oh well, she'll get him next time. The rest were 16 to 19in fish. Lots of fun. Must have been a bass tourney at the marina cafe as well.........lot of trailers in they're parking lot.

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Great looking catches there guys....nice set of spots on that 1 there MIke...:)

<*)))))>{
Thanks. You should have seen the one Breadman caught, it had even more spots in a cool pattern. Unfortunately we took the picture on his camera (the ones above were on my camera) and he accidently erased the images instead of transferring them to the computer :(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.