NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 382 Posts

·
Red X Angler
2,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time to get ready for the W KerrScott Reservoir Meet & Greet for 2015, dates to be held will be May 1st - 3rd.

Here is the link for reservations for the campground.

http://www.reserveamerica.com/campin...O&parkId=73074

We will be congregating in loop A for evening festivities and if we can have Red X'ers get the campsites along loop A it would be outstanding. I think last year we got together in campsite 6 someone can correct me if I'm wrong but any of those campsites would be great. Looking forward to this one. We will once again float the spillway to Smoot Park along the Yadkin River if you prefer river fishing and those that fish the lake can catch a variety of fish. Looking forward to seeing you all there! Let me know if your coming and I'll add you to the list.

MWagner
H2Ohhh
Fish Fiend
Fanopoe
Jonathan Creeson (tentative)
Mikeski
JBowman
Papadave & Crew
Snowcamp
Echerd
Crappietuttle & son & grandson
shallowbob

·
Red X Angler
8,988 Posts
I won't be able to attend. Amanda is getting married that weekend near Raleigh, I tried to well her on the idea of an outdoor wedding at Smoot Park with a reception dinner at Bandits Roost but she seemed a little cold to the idea.

I will miss all of you,

Darrell
Now THAT's a bummer

·
Red X Angler
8,988 Posts
Since my buddy BigDave will likely not be able to attend (he's an Engineering Professor at UNC-C and it's exam week), I will have room for another tent on my site. Prefer someone who is staying Friday and Saturday night. $18 covers you for both nights.

Also since I usually fish in Dbeam's johnboat and he's not going to make it I have a seat in a very comfortable Old Town Saranac 146 for anyone who wants to paddle around with an old fart and catch fish.

·
Red X Angler
3,568 Posts
I can bring my Solo Skiff to haul you to the real fishy spots John. You can just kick back and save your arms for fighting the big fish you are going to catch. Oh! and enjoy a cold beverage and enjoy the scenery or take a nap on those long hauls to the secrete fishing grounds.

·
Red X Angler
8,988 Posts
I can bring my Solo Skiff to haul you to the real fishy spots John. You can just kick back and save your arms for fighting the big fish you are going to catch. Oh! and enjoy a cold beverage and enjoy the scenery or take a nap on those long hauls to the secrete fishing grounds.
I really was looking towards possibly being swamped in 55 degree water as I solo my canoe. NOT!! That, my friend, is an offer I can't refuse. The coolest machine on the lake for sure!

Also, would somebody please ask about the MONSTER spotted bass I took there 2 years ago so I can post it's picture again?? Or maybe the largemouth I was catching on the secret lure the year before that when nobody was getting any? Yes, I'm talking trash which means of course I will probably get the skunk this year. It's not an easy lake to fish.

1 - 20 of 382 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.