NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Red X Angler
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Time to get ready for the W Kerr Scott Reservoir Meet & Greet for 2021, dates to be held will be May 7th - 9th at Bandits Roost Campground.

Here is the link for reservations for the campground.

https://www.recreation.gov/camping/b...O&parkId=73074

We will be congregating in loop A for evening festivities I have booked site 6 for festivities purposes. Looking forward to another fine outing. We will once again float the Spillway to Smoot Park along the Yadkin River if you prefer river fishing. Those that want to fish the lake can catch a variety of fish at various access points around the lake. We will do a community meal on Saturday night. Looking forward to seeing you all there! Let me know if your coming and I'll add you to the list.

Attendees:
Grey Ghost - Linda
H2Ohh
MWagner
Yadnewyaker

Agger
Plowboy051
Biglenr
Daze823

·
Red X Angler
3,545 Posts
I booked site 41 A for Thursday through Sunday morning. If nothing changes or gets in the way Linda and I will be there. Linda will probably make a cake for the Saturday night meal.

·
Registered
6,030 Posts
Site 69 - Right at end of loop.

Reactions: RaymondWells

·
Registered
6,030 Posts
Site 69 looks like a rv site. Have you bought yourself a camper since the last time we seen you.
Nope... But the good tent spots were taken.

·
Red X Angler
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well we are getting closer to the date and the river has cleared up but is still riding a bit high. The trout stocking schedule for Cub Creek is April 15th and for the Reddies River April 5th and May 4th so some of the larger trout may make it into the Yadkin and still be available if we are able to float. The lake is fairly clear and some nice striper have been caught this year. I have not been on here much so I apologize for the lack of effort in trying to keep this going. I am really looking forward to seeing you all since I have been one of those wooses with heart issues that has really been out of sorts since the Covid thing hit. Between Covid and the semi-constant rain, the river floats have been far and few between. Hope that changes this year.

·
Red X Angler
3,545 Posts
Well we are getting closer to the date and the river has cleared up but is still riding a bit high. The trout stocking schedule for Cub Creek is April 15th and for the Reddies River April 5th and May 4th so some of the larger trout may make it into the Yadkin and still be available if we are able to float. The lake is fairly clear and some nice striper have been caught this year. I have not been on here much so I apologize for the lack of effort in trying to keep this going. I am really looking forward to seeing you all since I have been one of those wooses with heart issues that has really been out of sorts since the Covid thing hit. Between Covid and the semi-constant rain, the river floats have been far and few between. Hope that changes this year.
After all you went through with your heart I’m just glad you are still with us Ray. You definitely have not been a woose in any shape or form.

·
Red X Angler
3,545 Posts
Not sure if shallowbob will be attending this year. I can’t check Facebook since they won’t let me join to see if he posted there. If anyone can check it out and let me know I will bring the hotdogs that he and his wife liked so much a few years ago.

·
Red X Angler
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'll check with Bob and get back to you.

·
Red X Angler
2,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I posted on NCAngler part of Facebook for him to contact you, his profile is gone from my friends list for some reason.

·
Red X Angler
3,545 Posts
He is still on my friends list here on NCA. I sent him a message will wait and see if he replies.

·
Red X Angler
3,545 Posts
I posted on NCAngler part of Facebook for him to contact you, his profile is gone from my friends list for some reason.
I sent Powell and shallowbob a message here on NCA no answer back so far. With the new upgrade on the site we might have lost the ability to send private pms.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts