NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 179 Posts

·
Red X Angler
8,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By February we will all be Jonesin' for a wet (or frozen) line and some quality time with our fishing buddies. For that reason we have the annual Lake Norman Hothole event located at the Marshall Steam Plant on Hwy 150 west of Mooresville. Usually both the weather and the fishing are anything but hot which is why we head to the Midway Boathouse Grill and pursue our next love which is eating. Normally held in January, I decided that we should wait until Feb this year as last years January temps were a balmy wind blown 20°. . So mark your calendars for Feb 7!! It's a bank fishing social event for the most part although some of those world famous Hardcore Kayakers usually participate as well. Who knows, maybe this year we will catch some hybrids! They've been catching them on A rigs this year. So post away, include any photos from past events. I'll keep track of attendees. You need not be a Red X Angler to join us, but after meeting this fine group you will likely become one!

Current Attendee List:

Raymond Wells
Dbeam
PapaDave
lewisfishing
soloskiff fisherman +1
tarbilly
Dr. H.
Momaybefish
RouseDoubtit
SeaWolf72
Pgarick
Fishfiend
Echerd
Snowcamp
Lucky doug if we're lucky
Abert43
JohnYaksJaxDefinateMaybeAx
Crappietuttle
Finstalker
Pizza Man Rob, Chester, Ian
NCStatefisher
Mikeski
Zachattack

·
Red X Angler
8,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is more of a struggle for me not to go, but I live far enough away, I shouldn't go. To those who can, it is a lot of fun. I won't eliminate the idea altogether, but most likely will not go.
Since you are the only one who regularly catches fish at this event its important that you attend. Besides, you have nothing else to do you retired old goat! Won't Medicare give you free ambulance transportation to the event?

·
Registered
9,996 Posts
Gloves off. I didn't even call you and old coot om face book this morning when i wished you a Happy Birthday. by the way, I'll wish you another on nca.
Not sure about Medicare. Will have to check on that. it would be just crazy enough that they may just pay for the ambulance service.
I will not rule out going, but only put me down for a maybe, you old coot.

Since you are the only one who regularly catches fish at this event its important that you attend. Besides, you have nothing else to do you retired old goat! Won't Medicare give you free ambulance transportation to the event?

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
It is more of a struggle for me not to go, but I live far enough away, I shouldn't go. To those who can, it is a lot of fun. I won't eliminate the idea altogether, but most likely will not go.
Dennis - if you're willing to drive to Winston Salem, I'll put you up for the night and drive you to the hothole early in the morning....

·
Red X Angler
8,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Planning on it!

I know it is a long drive Dennis, but if you want to come up early you can stay at the house, and we can hit a couple of trout streams or try to find a striper or hybrid some where on Thursday and Friday.

Darrell
Count me in on that deal Darrel. I'd like to hit Wilson with you this winter and if that octogenarian shows up it would be even more fun.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Planning on it!

I know it is a long drive Dennis, but if you want to come up early you can stay at the house, and we can hit a couple of trout streams or try to find a striper or hybrid some where on Thursday and Friday.

Darrell
I'll go for the Old Fart Gathering. Pull up a boat or camper whichever might be needed!

1 - 20 of 179 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.