NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided at the last minute to take the family out to Bear Island on Sunday while the weather was still nice. And man was it beautiful. This was the first time I have taken my boat out there! The ride out was a little chilly but it soon warmed up. I ran into John and Eddie. I guess you could call it an in official meet. Haha. And of course they shared where and how they were catching drum. Man this is a GREAT group!! So while I went out to test my new cast net skills the family went up the beach in search of treasure, and we both succeeded! I came back with a bucket full of mullet ant they had a pile of sandollars.( this is my wife's favorite reason to go) I didn't catch anything on rod and reel, in my defense I didn't try very hard..then Sara, my wife, wanted to catch a flounder so we left the island and started working the sand bars. Which was a good adventure for my smallest who doesn't have the patience for fishing yet. Sara caught a short flounder, two lizard fish, and a pin fish, she was using 3" white gulp shrimp. Meanwhile I had a live mullet floating around under a popping cork, that never went under. I did see several schools of drum but none would bite. All in all a good day! Here are some pics of our adventure.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.