NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy has moved down to near surf city and has since caught some redfish from the peirs down there and wants me to bring my boat down to try for some on the flats around the sounds down there. I am from near Edenton so though I have never fished for reds I have heard a lot about it and want to try it out sometime. I am an avid bass fisherman so I have some baits for LM and stripers so I may not have to invest in too much tackle. My question is kind of open ended but does anyone have any advise for someone going for redfish for the first time?

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Some of your bass lures will work for reds but you might want to put stronger sw hooks on them. This time of year th ereds are schooled up and are usually on the flats in the daytime - they spook easy so stealth is a key.

If you are using natural bait please consider using circle hooks to increase the survival rate for those released fish.

I'm sure others have some advice too but I thought I'd get it started.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.