NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First report here....
Went on a little solo mission the day after Christmas. Left Greenville around 9am and headed to Morehead City looking for some reds to get into. At the ramp around 10:30 and had already formulated a gameplay in my mind of where I wanted to go. I was on a mission, and I was not going to spend a lot of time messing around if I couldn't find the fish. Water was SLICK...first spot was a no-go, so cruised to the second, where there was also zero life. By that time the tide had started to fall so I pushed my 19 Intruder almost just as quick as that 175 Suzuki would take it to my third spot-cruising a marshy area until I saw something I liked. As I was coming around a bend I saw the unmistakeable bow wake of a nice school of reds...killed the motor and got locked and loaded and then IT WAS ON! REDS FOR DAYS!! School was probably over 300 fish, mostly upper slot with some smaller ones mixed in. For the next four hours I stalked this school of reds up and down a 200 yard bank catching one every few casts. Never really tried anything other than a white paddle tail...was having way too much fun catching fish to switch up baits. Had the school all to myself...not another boat for miles. Left them biting around 3:00 and lost count of how many I caught. EPIC day for me and it seems like a lot of my hard work and studying these fish is really starting to pay off...hope this keeps up!

Vertebrate Sky Fish Fishing Fisherman
Sky Crocodile Hat Jaw Fish
Smile Sky Sunglasses Military camouflage Goggles
Jaw Sky Sleeve Fisherman Outdoor recreation
Sky Casting (fishing) Marines Hat Shotgun

·
Registered
395 Posts
Awesome!

By the looks of your clothing, I'd say you also like to kill a few ducks too!

Nice work on the Drum. That would be all the Christmas I need! I spent my day after in the mall... Sometimes you gotta make concessions to keep the peace.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.