NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last Saturday my fishing partner and I took advantage of the nice weather and the fact that I did not have to go in to work. We decided to recon some back creeks by Browns inlet in our kayaks and we learned that the reds, specs, black drum and flounder are still out there. We saw them way back in the creeks on sandy bottoms and apparently they were hiding from the dolphins that were in these creeks also. The fish we saw were in about a foot of water and easy to see because of the clear water and white sandy bottom, the reds were plentiful and in slot range. Hopefully during the next holiday weekend if the weather is good and the winds are low we are going back out there again only we will not be talking as much and hopefully there will be no dolphins.

On this day my fishing partner was also testing out his new Hobie Angler and we paddled out of Browns inlet about a hundred yards or more to see if it was doable. Big water, we are on our way this spring!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
we didn't, we were so busy b.s.ing that we just ran up on them, then instead of getting or rods to cast we started counting and then it hit us about making a cast. "it was too late, they'd already been mooned". :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.