NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do we have anyone out there that knows anything about refrigerators, The freezer side works great, but the other side no matter what temp. setting you have it onyit just seems its not getting cold as it should. any help please, before i call the maytag man. Thanks in advance. Chris

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Pull it away from the wall and clean the cooling coils in the back and clean underneath. Listen for the fan to kick on and off in the fridge also. If the freezer works it may be that the thermostat in the fridge side is all that has died or the fan isnt circulating cold into fridge.
That's all I've got !!! (fingers crossed)

Reactions: tcfisherman

·
Registered
9 Posts
Fridge gets the cold off the freezer usually theres a passage between( least on the ones had and have now) If u got the freezer jam full and the vent is covered over fridge just wont get cool. Theres a flapper in the ones I have messed with that controls the flow..night be stuck...prob way off but might be worth a look. AZ

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well the tech came out this friday am, when he got there the frig was cold as it has ever ben, nothing the tech could do cause he could not find any problems. go figure? Fishyfishy, the tech change out the mother board about 3 months ago, but no change, and yes its only 8 year old Jen-Air (Maytag) but i guess if my luck holds out it will be warm in the frig. by the end of the weekend. Chris

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.