NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here we go with this 10' aluminum boat again!:

The boat is old, very old and I cannot find the hull ID on the transom. The data plate seems to have been missing for quite some time. This boat has also never been registered because it was used on a private pond. What do I have to do to register it? Certainly someone has run into this problem before. I have gotten three different answers from two different sources. The two times I called the NC wildlife commission, I got two answers. They were as follows:

1. Notarized sales receipt with the registration form filled out and where it asks for the Hull ID, just put "missing".
2. Notarized sales receipt with the registration form filled out and some kind of affidavit with the entire history of where the boat came from. (Once again, this is a 30 year old, Sears 10' aluminum flat-bottomed boat that I bought from a guy in Virginia).

The third answer I got from a representative here in Greenville was:
3. Notarized sales receipt with the registration form filled out as "Home made vessel".

So, does anybody have an answer for me?

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
#1 has always worked for me. I find it best to walk in with notarized bill of sale, ask no questions and they usually just do the paperwork and move on....

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
I'm having the same problem with an old jon boat my grandfather gave me. They told me that all he had to do was title the boat and then register it. And then he can transfer the ownership of the boat to me with a seperate form. I think the best thing you can do is go into an office, luckily the NCDWF is located just down the road from me. But if I can get this done in time I will certainly let you know how it works out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.