NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is probably my first time in the fresh water thread, and honestly, I've been missing out! Well, I've been living in my community now for almost 2 years. Being a mainly salt water guy only, I have completely ignored the 7 stocked lakes that I drive by and look out my front door at, every single day. Well that has changed.

Went out out on a whim last Thursday and said lets go see what will bite in the lakes. I tied on a black and silver "super spook" top water and went on. And it was almost instant success, in fact it was pretty instant.

Well, I fished every day since then, all days with pretty good sucess...... Until yesterday's chart topper!!

we caught at least 25 bass, hooked a huge catfish on a top water, and had crappies about the size of a football chomping at the top water bait too. (No hook up though, I will have me some new beetle spins today though)

The biggest of all landed fish was a 24-25" bass! Several bass were in the 2-3 lb range, but this one took the prize. All of the action happened in 2 hrs!

Needless ss to say, I will be searching for fresh water baits today......

Attachments

·
Red X Angler
11,230 Posts
Great fishing. If you ever want to fish out this way in the Freshest water, I know a few spots in the mountains were you can see the flash of a spinner 6 feet down.

Great picture of the young man, I thought it was an old Bill Dance file photo.

Darrell

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.