NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What resources have you found to be reliable for determining the coastal weather. I am interested in windspeed and direction, wave height, wave frequency, water temperature at a minimum. Since I live about 3 hrs from the coast I would like to optimize my time and gas money and try to hit good weather conditions.

Thanks,
Keith

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Try this one:
National Weather Service - Carolinas Coast
it has about everything you need except wave frequency predictions. Make sure you check out all the tabs plus all the different buttons - there a quite a few choices.

This site is great for wave height, frequency, wind direction and speed. The nice thing about it is unliek the other one, you can get a forecast for a very focused (pinpoint) area - just click anywhere on the map (not just the markers)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys for the great links. Sounds like the weather at Morehead my be tolerable on Sat.
Keith

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Breadman- I've gone to weather.com for years and never noticed the beach and boat report. I just took a look at the conditions for Southport and the site is great. All the information that you need on one page. Thanks.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I never noticed the beach and boat report either. I am glad I asked the question.

Thanks,
Keith

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.