NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI all. After living on the New Hampshire seacoast for many years, my wife and I sold our house up there and bought here in New Bern, North Carolina, back in March. I just got my boat down a couple weeks ago and am just trying to come up to speed on where to fish around here.

This looks like a neat area and I've heard nothing but good stuff about the region. I'll be trying to come up to speed on the rivers and maybe out in the ocean after getting a better feel for the layout. Up in NH, I had the boat on a mooring in Portsmouth and was only a couple miles out to Navregs Demarc and open sea. Here it looks like far enough I'll mostly be doing river fishing.

Best to all and looking forward to reading and learning.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Great fishing all around. A lot of good Striper fishing in New Bern and amazing inshore fishing within an hour. This website is great for learning. You can find most you want to know by searching any keywor in the search bar. Welcome!

·
Registered
9,996 Posts
Welcome to ncangler and to NC and to New Bern. Not sure what all kinds of fishing you like, but you can catch both fresh and salt water species in the same places there. My favorite fishing is to fly fish for bream, but love spinning gear also, and other types of fish. You have the Neuse and Trent rivers. Brices Creek is also close. Google Earth can help.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The only seafood my wife only eats fried clams or oysters. I grew up along the SC coast and love anything that comes from the sea. Most of my existing gear like the Penn Senator is for salt water but I'm thinking maybe get something a little more friendly and start maybe going after flounder. I've already found some good advice on here about flounder and drum (which I've never seen in person). Thanks for the welcome.

·
Red X Angler
3,788 Posts
Welcome to North Carolina, and to NCAngler!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.