NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you are making out your Christmas card list this year,
please include the following:

(Address deleted because it proved to be fake!!!) See posts below please and remember a soldier this Holiday Season!!

They were there for us. Now remember and honor their sacrifice......... Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Something great that Xerox is doing...

If you go to this web site,
www.LetsSayThanks.com you can pick out a thank you card and Xerox will print it and it will be sent to a soldier that is currently serving in Iraq . You can't pick out who gets it, but it will go to some member of the armed services.

·
Registered
14,639 Posts
When you are making out your Christmas card list this year,
please include the following:

A Recovering American soldier
c/o Walter Reed Army Medical Center
6900 Georgia Avenue,NW
Washington,D.C. 20307-5001

They were there for us. Now remember and honor their sacrifice......... Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!!
DO NOT SEND cards to this address. It's an urban legend. Here's a link to the Walter Reed web page regarding this issue. Also here's one to the Snopes.com page. In fact, the US Post Office will not accept mail addressed to "any soldier", any wounded soilder, etc. For additional ways to support our troops visit "America Supports You" or USO Cares.

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
DO NOT SEND cards to this address. It's an urban legend. Here's a link to the Walter Reed web page regarding this issue. Also here's one to the Snopes.com page. In fact, the US Post Office will not accept mail addressed to "any soldier", any wounded soilder, etc. For additional ways to support our troops visit "America Supports You" or USO Cares.
THATS JUST SAD THAT YOU CANT TRUST SOMETHING THAT SEEMED SO HONORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *original post for Walter Reed hospital deleted*

·
Registered
14,639 Posts
THATS JUST SAD THAT YOU CANT TRUST SOMETHING THAT SEEMED SO HONORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *original post for Walter Reed hospital deleted*
My wife is very active with several organizations in supporting the troops. It was through her involvement that I became aware a few weeks ago of this issue. It is believed that the person who started the email campaign to send cards to Walter Reed Medical Center meant well but was not aware of Postal regulation adopted after 9/11 nor the Military policy.

The Post Office and Military developed this policy to protect our troops from the potential to be harmed by terrorist through our postal system.

If you want to help spread some cheer among our troops and show your support, you still can! There are a number of agencies (including several in posts above) that will help you do that without putting our armed forces at risk.

I can tell you from my son who is serving in Iraq, the soldiers really appreciate your support! It means the world to them! He has shared several heartfelt examples of how kind, caring people have touched his life and many of the other soldiers around him.

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I know that when my buddy was over there the one thing they couldn't get enough of was AA and AAA batteries. All the guys have CD walkmans and MP3 players and batteries are in short supply.. Another biggie for his group was sauces like Texas pete, Horseradish etc in the little packets from fast food joints... anything to make an MRE taste better..LOL!!

·
Registered
14,639 Posts
There is a way you can send cards to our troops without problems with postal or military rules. The effort is sponsored by a group called "Move America Forward " and they are launching a cross country tour to collect cards in various cities to deliver to the troops. They will be making stops in Fayetteville and Raleigh on Dec 12th.

Here's a link to their website with all the info.

There are other ways to help the troops listed on the site as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.