NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Great forum NC Angler. Love reading the reports, I am staying on Salter Path and renting a skiff for a few days at the end of the June. Being a freshwater fishermen I was wondering what advice anyone has to offer for fishing the sound? Do I need to go near the inlets or if not where where in the middle of the sound?
Shrimp, cutbait, crabs/sandfleas, artificial scented baits or troll plugs or spoons?
Thanks!

·
Registered
143 Posts
There are some creeks across from Salter Path that may hold some fish at the bridges. Broad Creek and Gales Creek. However you will need to go slow going into the creek as they are both shallow at the entrances. As far as getting across the sound, you may want to stop at Homers Point Marina and look at the map for the channel to get out. At high tide you can go across the sound but it can get skinny at low tide. At the Emerald Isle end of the sound there is a lot of marsh that will hold drum and flounder. You can also fish the bridge pilings for sheepshead. Keep in mind there is normally a lot of traffic going under the Emerald Isle Bridge. Please let me know if you need more info as I frequent the area.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts