NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do you guys buy your replacement hooks for a decent price? Let me say upfront, I buy all of my rods, reels and bait locally- but I need to replace a load of hooks on my mirrolures and topwater baits and I'm looking for a bulk order at a decent price. I tried the local shops but it's going to cost me a fortune buying them 4 at a time.

Second, I would prefer dressed hooks, so if you know a good buy on those, please take that into consideration.

Finally, what is the advantage of red colored hooks?

Thanks in advance,
Wvlheel

·
Registered
525 Posts
The first thing I'd do is check with the sponsors - Chasin Tails in Morehead City and Tex's Tackle in Wilmington are top-notch shops, extremely knowledgeable, well stocked, and reasonably priced. East Coast Tackle in Surf City, Reel Outdoors in Emerald Isle are two more terrific independent tackle shops. For a purchase of this nature, the few cents you might save at a big box store is worthless compared to the personal service and advice from pros. Don't forget split rings!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.