NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit a pier in Atlantic beach today. Not too much action going on. We caught several sand perch on Shrimp, a buddy had a good bite on a live bait, and that was it until justa bout dark.

The blues and Spanish rolled in, they were averaging about 18 inches to 20 inches. Blues and Spanish were hitting gotcha plugs. I was throwing a white one with green head but they weren't liking it.. However, white tube with red head was slayin' them.

Good luck guys.

Rye

·
Registered
112 Posts
rye,,, try that green tube with the red head and see if it does as good as the white tube and red head. that is what i've been throwing at them at new river and they seem to be loving it right now. they are also eating up the plain silver stingsilver too. always fun to experament a little.:) hth

·
Registered
292 Posts
Rye,

Seems like every year, the color combo is a little different. Last year at Topsail, it was white, with a light blue head. I personally have better luck with the white/white combo. But, it seems like a white tube is the favorite in general.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.