NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a fellow believer in Christ. He is my Savior!

I am reaching out for prayer. My heart, soul, and mind are heavy.

So, here is what is going on in my life.....
In Dec 2014, I was told our work site was shutting down (900 people), we would be terminated in 2015 as our projects were completed. Finding another job is the least of my worries. God has always provided me employment/income. Still working currently, but the job searching has begun.
Here are the items which are the heaviest on my heart. Marriage has been a long time struggle, wife struggles with depression, and taking care of her aging mom. 16 yr old daughter is struggling with depression, pier pressure, and school.
All of this is wearing on my soul and body!
Thank you for your prayers!!!

sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,127 Posts
I will be praying for you blugil. There is a lot in this day and time to be burdened with and to feel heavy about. Memorizing scripture has always been a great way for me personally to stay positive and motivated. One of my favorite is "This is the day which the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." - Psalms 118:24 Some days we just have to choose to rejoice by faith! There is a better day ahead! And there is much spiritual strength in the Psalms and Proverbs and just meditating on God's word is a source of great strength and encouragement. As you are encouraged by it, share some verses with your wife and daughter to lift them up too.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Continue your faith in God. As long as you continue to believe in your faith he will continue to carry you thru these tough times. These are just distractions to vere you off of a path of righteousness and happiness. Matthew 6:33 seek first the kingdom of God and all these thing will be given to you.

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
I know the feeling,I have 2 grown boys at home 21 & 30 that just do:nt want to work.Takeing care of my mom on oxgen and has alltimers, all this makes for hard day-week and mounths.I stay on the boys they just do;nt care .Jr says he does not belive in god.now.he was brought up in church, They do not get along.There has been some fights between them.That I had to break up.hang tight on faith and pray.My prayers are with you

·
Registered
2,063 Posts
thank you RouseD bUT i belive our loard lets things happen.To make our faith stronger in him.If any body looks back they will see that when our problems get to heavy for us to bear he stelps in and lifts them away.But i know he is with me.My wife was real sick a couple of weeks ago.WAS IN HOSPTIAL could have died.She is at home now doing better.but unabl to work for a while.With weather and cold last week only got 24 hours at wroke.this week so far 16 hours.but will get better.So as long as we have faith in him ,he is with us . And will stelp in when it just gets to heavy for us to carry

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well guys please pray especially for my daughter. We are in the ER right now. She intentionally took too may antidepressant and ADHD meds this evening while at our church youth in town retreat. Not sure why she did that. Guys, pray that God will intervene in her life. Pray He will hold her tight and she will not harm herself. Pray that her mom and I will be guided in what to say and do to help her and for her to feel loved. Thank you for your prayers.

sent from my mobile using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.