NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As sad as it is, my papaw is close to the end. He's out of assisted living and in the hospital, Doctors have stop'd his food, medication, blood tests and fluids at my papaw's request. He's on morphine drip to stop the pain and has turned his life in this world over to the lord. He's ready.

He means alot to me as he took me fishin and loved to fish with me. Got to fish with his great grandson and was thrilled we named our youngest after him.
We told him we'll wait till we meet again so we can all fish together again.

Anyway, he's very close, and it is sad, but I know he's lived a full life and think the world of him. He's a tough ol' coot!

Even though he's my papaw, he's a fellow fisherman, and I simply ask for prayer to help ease his transition.

Thanx

here's a pic from the last time we were able to fish with him (top pic).
That's Papaw on the left, my dad, myself and my oldest boy (4 generations at the same time on the same boat)... How fortunate we truely are, and how blessed we are to have him for the time we do.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Dave,
We send prayers of peace and strength for you and your family. As difficult as it is to be without our loved ones here we have peace knowing they are enjoying the presence of the Lord in heavenly places when they leave us.
God Bless,
Gery

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Dave-- As I recall, I thought Size 9 was a peculiar boat name until you explained that this name was in honor of your Papaw and his service in WW2 and then I realized that is one the most proper names ever for a reliable boat. By being able to share four living generations, I'm sure he wants his life celebrated and not mourned after his passing, at least these are my outlooks as I advance in age.

Regards and Prayers, Forrest

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Prayers sent for Him, His family and his remaining friends. I guess that includes a few more fisherfolks. No one wants to die until it is truly time and even then we are hesitant to let them go. We shouldn't be, but we are bound to feel that way.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I'm sorry to hear the end for his time with us, for now, is passing. Know that he will have good seas and fair catch in the Kingdom beyond and you will fish with him again someday for all eternity...

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
I am praying for you and your family's comfort. My grandfather was also Papaw and a great fellow fisherman that hooked me on our great sport! He is gone now but rest assured we will see both of them on the other shore where the lines are always tight!

Father, I just ask that you would comfort Dave and his family. You know their hearts Lord and you are the only one that can really give them comfort in their hearts. I pray that you will fill Dave's Papaw with a peace that surpasses all understanding just as your word promises. Draw them all close to you and allow them to find rest in the shadow of your wing. Fill them with your Holy Spirit that you promised would come to us as a comforter. In Jesus name I ask these things Lord, Amen!

·
Registered
330 Posts
Dave, We are praying for you and your family. Tonight I'll put you guys on the prayer list in my fellowship room in Israel Inspired Faith Radio you will have believers all over the world praying tonight.

Papaw has two things going for him 1- He's a believer 2- He's a fisherman
Our father has always had a soft spot for fishermen.
I'm sure when we get to heaven Papaw will know all the good spots to fish in the Sea of glass and the River of life!!!

My prayer for you is for Blessings and Shalom !!!!

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Guys, Many thanx for your prayers and thoughts for my family and my papaw.
He passed this evening quietly and comfortably in Kentucky.
His ashes will be spread on Nolin Lake (one of his favorite places to fish).

I cant thank you guys enough for thinkin of us.

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Dave,

I will be thinking of you and your family in the days ahead. You are blessed to have such fond memories and the hope to share with your son that your Papaw will be waiting to take you to the best fishin holes in Heaven.

Mark

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
A wonderful tribute to a man who made a great impression in the life of at least one man and touched the hearts of many as he made his way to a better place...

My condolences Dave, to you and your family. May he rest in peace....

·
Registered
229 Posts
We are so sorry for your loss. No matter how ready we are it is still hard. We will continue to pray for you and your Family.
In his love, The Towery's

·
Registered
334 Posts
My prayers are with you and your dad. I lost mint 11 years ago and still miss him every day.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.