NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
I met up with the paddling group from Meetup.com this morning -- took a jaunt up Harris to check out the hydrilla farm east of New Hill Holleman Rd.

Want to try an after-work outing? Roll the dice and see if we can dodge the t-storms?
I'll probably have to take my son to an appointment Saturday morning...

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
The Monday Morning Paddle at falls has been very very good to me this month. The dog days are bound to catch up sooner or later, but I plan on being there to take my lumps when they do... Monday, 6:30am, Upper Barton Ramp.

Could also do an after work trip, but its awfully hot out. Maybe that Deep River trip one afternoon?

Lefty - any fishing involved in that exploration?

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
I didn't take the rods with me this AM -- the guys were unloading kevlar touring yaks when I got there, I figured I needed all the drag-reductions I could come up with. Even after the mortals showed up, it really would have been too crowded to troll. (Besides, one of the other paddlers was a fly purist, she was quite disappointed with me when I told her I was still chunking spinning gear.)

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Part of the fun is gliding silently on the water and just observing and sharing common interests. Sometimes, we even get lucky and catch something. We are so very fortunate to be where we are and be able to do what we can do.

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
I didn't take the rods with me this AM -- the guys were unloading kevlar touring yaks when I got there, I figured I needed all the drag-reductions I could come up with. Even after the mortals showed up, it really would have been too crowded to troll. (Besides, one of the other paddlers was a fly purist, she was quite disappointed with me when I told her I was still chunking spinning gear.)
Hmm - kevlar touring yaks and fly purists - sounds like that group could use a little introduction to the finer things in life!

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
My own failing. Can't blame anybody else.
Workin' on whether I can meet ya monday morning... Might need to pick up some of the magic shad lures...

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
You guys mind if I hook up w/ you? Mind it may not happen as I'm nursing a sunburn on my ankle so bad I can't walk.. but if I'm upto it ??
Come on out. There's always a chance something will go wrong and I'll accidentally remain stuck to the pillow or have to get to work instead, but the plan is to be there.

·
Premium Member
7,911 Posts
Late notice is better than no notice at all, I suppose... Lefty had some business in my building tonight and stopped by my [-]presidential enclave[/-], [-]er executive suite[/-], er cubicle. We debated our schedules for the next few days and concluded that we needed to try Falls in the morning - hope his arm wasn't twisted too bad to paddle.

Wed Aug 22, 6:45am, Upper Barton Creek ramp. Ought to be at least 2 of us out there churning up the water. If anybody else is still up, and interested in an early morning trip, come on out!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.