NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a few months of semi retirement, I done the deal Wednesday and left for good! It's time to go fishing at last!
One downer, my doctor thinks I may be developing Parkinson's Disease. Got the shakes in my hands. Not all that concerned, people can live for years with it, and I still have tests to run. But if anybody wants to take an old war horse fishing, bust me out a pm..:D

·
Registered
525 Posts
Congratulations...I have 18 months under my belt and it has been terrific! Best wishes with the health questions...

·
Registered
365 Posts
Congratulations on your retirement. It’s great not having to go to work on a Monday morning or any morning for that matter. Plus now you can fish when you want and avoid the crowds.

Enjoy yourself and make the most out of it. You won’t regret it.
~JOE~

·
Red X Angler
3,748 Posts
Just saw the post, Jerry. Congratulations man! You worked hard so many years, hope you get to enjoy the time off. I hope your health concerns don't turn out to be significant. Tell Mary I said hello. Happy for you!

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Congrats Jerry! Sounds like the forecast is 100% chance of ripped lips for the LMB!

·
Registered
874 Posts
Congrats!

After a few months of semi retirement, I done the deal Wednesday and left for good! It's time to go fishing at last!
One downer, my doctor thinks I may be developing Parkinson's Disease. Got the shakes in my hands. Not all that concerned, people can live for years with it, and I still have tests to run. But if anybody wants to take an old war horse fishing, bust me out a pm..:D
Congratulations! Enjoy your fishing, hope the doctor is wrong.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I just noticed the NEWS. Congratulations! Seems strange doesn't it? But you (we all can) "get used to it"; not going to work. Soon you will understand retires when they say, "How did I ever have time to work?"
Now when your buds ask, "What do you do now with all of your "free time"?", best answer is to say "NOTHING, I do nothing".
Trying to explain how a retiree can be so busy & work so hard while seemingly accomplishing so little(as in my case) is impossible.
ENJOY

·
Registered
153 Posts
You don't lose track of days, there all Saturdays.
HaHa, yeah. I actually have gone back to work part time now. But its in the pro shop at the new Sportsmans Warehouse in Asheville. So its for the benefit of getting an employee discount and some extra funds to put towards my outdoors adventures.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Congratulations. I retired ten years ago. I'm so busy now doing what I want to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work a job before! Wish you a long and rewarding retirement.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just got back here and everything has changed! i am still around, looking to go fishing when things warm.Parkinsons sucks but I believe there are bass out there that haven't felt the cold steel of my hooks yet so if anyone wants to go bust me a pm.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts