NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got up @3am this morning after getting everything ready to go last night to take my first trip up to Belhaven and see if I can get in on the slam. Get to the ramp about 4:45 offload the boat, hit the key and....NUTHIN"!! Just a pitiful moan... Now I know better then to let a boat sit so I try to stay on top of maintainence and batteries and such and normally I have 2 batteries just in case this happens. BUT! I am working on an old boat to sell and I "borrowed" my spare for it because I NEVER have a problem with my "GOOD" expensive battery thats only a few months old...
Guys at the ramp offered a jump but I thought if I jump it it will have to be run wide open for a long time to recharge, and what if it is a bad cell???? Then I get out on the water all alone in a strange new place with a dead battery..... So I load it back up and drag my tail back home.. I pass 15 boats on my way home all headed out to a great day with a beautiful full moon to start off and the fish ARE biting in the Pungo!!

** I dont care how new it is, how big it is, or how much you think you know.... NEVER LEAVE HOME WITHOUT 2 *(%^$# BATTERIES!!! :mad:
have a nice day..........................................

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welp, that stinks... Tough call for you I'm sure, but probably good idea not to chance it.
No Wally world near by for a quick batt purchase??
Nope Wally was 30 miles back in Washington.. and AZone doesnt open in Belhaven until 7:30 so I gave up. I'll try it again tomorrow with 2 BATTERIES!!!...LOL!

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Same here, on Kerr one day lake was rockin & rollin! Stayed up on top of the waves trying to make it to Carter's Branch after I split the islands and was banging so hard that I busted the terminals off of my cranking battery. The bad thing was I didn't even know it until later when it calmed down and I was going to move. Hit the key, nothing. I had two pairs of big reach over vice grips and was able to secure the posts enough to crank and hobble back to the landing.

Reactions: sundrop

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good to know I'm not alone. I now have 2 batteries, and a set of jumper cables in my boatbox! Tomorrow Belhaven!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I keep a real close eye on fuel. This old evinrude is a 70's gas hog!!!! But she purrssss....

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Why have 2 when you can have 5!! :p (here's 3 Dual duty batt's I have in my console cabin I use for electronics only - I have 2 group 27 Cranker batt's dedicated in the back of the boat to start the motor only - 5 total batt's on the boat).

here's the port side batt and dual bank on board charger... man.. you cant beat on board chargers.. end of the day, just plug in the boat - unplug when ready for next trip and you have top'd off and maintained batt's ready to go! ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.