NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
I haven't been able to find any regulations that prohibit gas motors but I have heard that it is a no motor area. There's not really a ramp, just a dirt launch area. I had a hard getting the trailer in deep enough water to push my little 14' boat off. Had to pretty much winch it on all the way.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
The few trips that I have made to the pond but I haven't caught much. There must be something in the pond because it drawing a lot of people. I was quite surprised at the number of boats on the water Saturday. The parking area filled up pretty quick.

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
Guys, from what I am hearing about this pond, I believe I would have to find a new hole. The Cape Fear in Cumberland and Harnett Counties has a lot of good fishing. I have caught nice crappie, bass, cats,(of course), a few stripers and hybrids, brim, etc. You might want to hop in the boat and give it a try. I would get pretty frustrated at that Rhodes pond.

·
Registered
6,016 Posts
There are ramps all up and down the C.F. The wildlife website probably has a list of them. I going in the a.m. myself in the N.E. Cape Fear. Going to kill some stripers and cats I hope. The cats I am sure about. The stripers can be a little iffy.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Theres some nice cats. Havn't done a whole lot of fishing there. Seen some nice ones come out of there.. Here of people catching strippers in the nuese here now. Some good fishing around the power plant in wayne county but when the river is low its too rocky for a boat.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Actually it's considered godwin. I was confused when I went there the first time. If you want live bait however you need to get it in Dunn, Erwin or Fayetteville. No bait shops left around the pond.

Reactions: DLEE
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.