NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
I don't think riches inlet has ever been a secret kinda like Smith Creek. Seems like flounder fishing is pretty good there at the right time of year.
Where's Smith Creek? Got the GPS coordinates I misplaced mine.
Hey I all about helping, just that something's should remain vague for obvious reasons.
Think that why they invited PM. ....... ICM

·
Registered
642 Posts
Thanks for the report! See you all there ;)

Jokes aside, I've found a few schools along the beach at Topsail this winter. Sometimes they wanna play, sometimes they don't. That's my report-not an awesome one I know...can't wait for the warmer weather.

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Nice day great report....don't let the few..the grumpy.. the proud.. discourage you from posting a nice report.. that's why this forum was set up
Think you're missing the point.
We discourage others from posting locations to protect the schools from being netted.

Love to read reports & always willing to help.
Grumpy? I don't think so. Besides it's can be dangerous & not for everyone that owns a fishing "pole"
Hard core need only apply...... ICM

View attachment 69111 This sand bar is now gone for several years. It was hazardous getting there & anchoring.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Rich Inlet is the north end of Figure Eight Island and the south end of Lea-Hutaff. Mason Inlet is the south end of figure eight and the north end of Wrightsville. Maybe the op caught them in both places. Nevertheless it will still require you to get out there in some cold temps. I don't even own a pair of waders, so don't think I'll be venturing out. Browns Island used to hold drum like that too and prolly at some point all of the barrier islands.

·
Registered
5 Posts
people around here remind me of seagulls. one finds a piece a french fry in a parking lot and cant help but squawk, next thing you know hes fighting thirty other seagulls for the french fry. It eventually is ripped apart and nobody gets any delicious french fry.

sorry you inland and weekend guys need so much internet information to insure your fishing success but it does more harm than good with so many people reading it. What ever happened to just going fishing and making your own way. People seemed to be much happier on the water before all this, me included

·
Banned
2,564 Posts
Heaven forbid a local has to go out and find fish after all the inland guys come and catch em all in a weekend.

All this boo hoo about a man putting a well known location on the internet. Why no fuss when NCSportsman does it in a magazine? Is it because you have to pay for the magazine? Maybe because when you pay for the magazine the information is less likely to be spread around... Please enlighten me.

Signed,

Steven Seagull

·
Red X Angler
8,988 Posts
people around here remind me of seagulls. one finds a piece a french fry in a parking lot and cant help but squawk, next thing you know hes fighting thirty other seagulls for the french fry. It eventually is ripped apart and nobody gets any delicious french fry.

sorry you inland and weekend guys need so much internet information to insure your fishing success but it does more harm than good with so many people reading it. What ever happened to just going fishing and making your own way. People seemed to be much happier on the water before all this, me included
I see both sides of this argument quite clearly. But for some of us 'inland and weekend' guys, we don't need any information to ensure fishing success. If I get to go to the coast I'm in heaven whether I'm catching or not. That's success. When I'm out on Lookout I'm not down on the South end around the Jetty...the most popular spot (oops, I hope that wasn't a secret...). Rather I'm riding the beach, reading the surf and fishing away from the crowds. And I usually catch fish as a bonus. This time of year I don't think you're going to see a bunch of folks out there competing with you local boys for your fish, which of course belong to everyone. The other side of that coin is the knowledge that can be obtained from sites like this to learn HOW to catch them versus WHERE to catch them. Ice Cream Man has always been a wealth of knowledge on this subject regarding how to read the surf and best lures etc. So have many other locals. For that, I thank you. But I'll find my own fish.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.