NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reading the marine forecast for today, I figured it would be strictly an “inside” fishing day. So checked the tides and left around 10:00. After catching a few dink flounder and rat reds I ended up near Rich Inlet. I was shocked to see almost no whitecaps and slick water outside the inlet. Weatherman missed it again.

I didn’t have the right gear for chasing kings so I decided to switch out my terminal tackle on my light gear with deep divers and maria jigs and chase some Spanish.

It was fast approaching low tide with a SSE swell and a west wind. That meant there was a beautiful elongated tide line running out of the inlet and toward the north. I began to troll along the line, weaving in and out of the clear water. It didn’t take long before I was releasing my fourth or fifth blue fish. So I sped it up a few knots and BINGO, Spanish on! Several times I had both lines hooked up.

Being by myself, it was a challenge to keep the lines from tangling with two fish on and keep off the shoals. So after a couple of fire drills, I went to one line and that was fine cause it kept me busy. I lost track of how many I caught but it was non stop for about two hours. I brought home a couple of nice size ones for dinner.

Nice day! Good fishing!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
Sweet way to spend the day!!!!! Glad you got on 'em!!

Reactions: Topsail Angler

·
Registered
17,058 Posts

10-4 TA.....thats a great day ....glad the wind laid down it seemed to be picking up on Topsail when I left this morning about 11AM....

I was surf fishing in the Surf City zone and only caught 1 small blue, was there for about 3 hours....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts