NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure what I was thinking today, but somehow committed to getting on the water. No matter the rain, wind, or temp. Started out at 5pm. Fished 2 and half hours in the ridiculously cold rain and amazingly came away satisfied. 1 17" bass, 2 snapped lines, and 3 fish I never felt or saw but moved my line at least 15 feet. 45 degree air, 55 degree water, 1 inch rain, 18 mph wind. Crazy what spring possibilities will do to a man's mind.

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
We had to play (most of) a soccer game in cold, drizzly rain on Saturday... Mizzerable... But a great chance to teach my kid that he's going to grow up tough enough to take care of his family!

·
Registered
15 Posts
:cool:Fishing in conditions like that are what make fishing what it is. A chance to feel every aspect of nature first hand and learn to respect and enjoy it. Just think, next time you fish on a nice day it will feel that much better. The trees are bloomin and the birds are chirpin fellas, that will cause any fisherman to get the fever

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Cold turned to warm today. Still rainy and windy. Hoping to land a few more. Only got one bite. It was nice though 21''. I guess 6 or more bites in 40 degree weather wasn't that ridiculous after all. That weather and those fish are hard to figure. How nice would a non-frontal, dry weekend be? Impossible it seems.

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
Well TA.........its April and we still have the winds and rain. Now the rain we need but the wind needs to go and bother someone else for a change.

Went catting last nite, had 1 hit in about 2 hours of fishing so called it a nite. Wind was changing and saw a lot of lightning in the far skies.

tight lines <*)))))>{

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.