NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just trying to get used to the controls on this site. So practicing posting a picture, thought I would make it kayak fishing related. Looks like this is a very easy method for posting photos.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Yup, the uploads here are much easier than many sites.

It looks like your stakeout pole is more, um, elaborate than most. Or am I misinterpreting the handle sticking up from under where your left knee ought to be?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I needed to find a use for all those old Surf Rods I had growing up in NC. And I needed a stake out pole. It is the butt end of an old Eagle Claw Surf Rod. Works well and fits snug in the scuppers for those rough days. Only problem, the length cant be adjusted and it is shorter than most stake out poles, so I have to go with an anchor or drift chute if the water is deeper than two feet.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Yeah, I needed to find a use for all those old Surf Rods I had growing up in NC.
Ha ha, what a problem to have...

A bunch of guys from my church are headed to Hatteras in October. Some wisecracker put my name down beside "if you need to borrow some tackle call:" So now I gotta come up with some way to be helpful....

If you've still got any more that would otherwise be on their way to Goodwill, give me a shout!! (That kinda falls into the "classified ads for unwanted tackle" thread, doesn't it?)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.