NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Allright guys here's one for everyone to ponder, We need to look at how to get good advice for rigging for some new fishing adventures.

NCAngler take note maybe we can start an advice column here.

I'm a WNC flyfishing junkie and my vest and tying desk are in great shape but now that we have the 17 foot center console it's time to expand our horizons.
I need to set up a basic lake fishing box, a basic sound and coastal fishing box and a basic offshore box.
So I'm thinking break it down into components.
Soft baits IE worms crawfish etc. different hard baits different spinner baits and so on.

What do you guys think can we put together something so we can take some of the guesswork and unscrupulous salespeople out of the equation?

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
I'm trying to narrow it down to the basics here. Colors, sizes etc. vary a little from lake to lake but I'll give you what I consider the most versatile and not the 'Ya just gotta have this one for pre-spawn on Kerr. '
1. Shad Raps sizes 5thru 8 in silver/black
2. lipless crankbaits 1/4 oz thru 1/2 oz black and white, blue and chrome and black and chrome.
3. pick 2 of the following: heddon zara spook,rebel jumping minnow, Lucky Craft Sammy 100 Or one of the near exact copies of the Sammy. 1 chrome belly and 1 white belly
4. 1 rebel pop-r
5. 2 long minnow type jerk baits such as X-rap, rouge, long A, thunder stick etc.
6. 1 pack pearl white zoom super flukes
7. 1 white buzzbait
8. a handfull of spinner baits
9. 3 or 4 bass jigs
!). assorted worms

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Green pumpkin, watermelom seed, purple, blue, pumpkinseed and motoroil for the soft stuff. Jig and pig colors to imitate crawfish. Don't forget to get a couple of electric blue and black as well as the duller colors. Also I left out a few jigging spoons. White with reflective tape in the center in 1/2 oz and 1oz. I could list a bunch of different crankbaits but if you decide to get into cranking there is a lot to learn about which style lip is for what application as well as body styles for different applications. There is really a lot to learn about picking just the right crankbait for a paticular water temp., depth and type structure or cover. you probably don't want to go there just yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.