NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Good Mornng All,
March 21, 22, 23 I visited an old site that I last saw 30 years ago. Mortimer Campground in Pisgah. Boy it has sure changed over the years. Used to be open all the time, now it is only open April 1st. I tried to plead my case of ignorance, which wasn't to hard to do, and get the young new ranger to let me set up in a tent site. Obviously, my charm wasn't quite right, cause "she" told me that her District Boss would not be happy if he found me there before openning. I turned out and went up to Roseboro back to the head waters in Andrews Crk and Wilson Crk. Wild waters just below Grandfather Mt. Back-Country camp site. One word for this place, Beautiful! Camped, fished, tied flies, and barked at the Moon. I took some pics to share. I have to convert the images to smaller sizes before I can attach and send them. I'll be back.
The pics are now in the members galleries so that I can continue to add albums as I take trips afield. Thank you for explaing the capabilities NCangler, I love it when things are set up to execute correctly. This site is done very well.

·
Premium Member
8,195 Posts
Looking foward to the pics. :) BTW you can upload photos in the Fishing Photos gallery and it will resize any up to 4000x3000 pixels in size. You can then link to them using the UBB code under the photo after it is uploaded. Just copy that code and place it in the forum post and it will show up in the post. Or copy the linked thumbnail code and the smaller image will show up that links to a larger one.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Good Mornng All,
March 21, 22, 23 I visited an old site that I last saw 30 years ago. Mortimer Campground in Pisgah. Boy it has sure changed over the years. Used to be open all the time, now it is only open April 1st. I tried to plead my case of ignorance, which wasn't to hard to do, and get the young new ranger to let me set up in a tent site. Obviously, my charm wasn't quite right, cause "she" told me that her District Boss would not be happy if he found me there before openning. I turned out and went up to Roseboro back to the head waters in Andrews Crk and Wilson Crk. Wild waters just below Grandfather Mt. Back-Country camp site. One word for this place, Beautiful! Camped, fished, tied flies, and barked at the Moon. I took some pics to share. I have to convert the images to smaller sizes before I can attach and send them. I'll be back.
I was in Edgemont all day Friday. I even sit with a coworker at a table at Mortimer Campground to review some work. Driving a gold colored car?

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Crummy, sorry I missed the opp. I was up farther on 192 nearer to Grandfather. The rangers told me to head up that way. I was in Mortimer 30 years ago. I used to go there on "Spring Break" to hike and fish. Old Ranger there was named Oliver Hollander. He'd come to the camp every morning to tell us about how much snow had fallen on GF Mt. and we'd go in the station with him where he'd show us on the topos places to see, like Lost Cove Falls. He was a great guy. That was about '75, '76, '77.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Yes, I guess there has been some change since then. Great waters still. Hope you enjoyed the area. We have tried to keep it a secret, but there are alot of people moving in here now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.