NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had planned on hitting the Catawba today, but as luck would have it, there was too much crap on the plate and got off to a late start. Being sceered of snakes, I wanted to stay in the water and not wander on land. So off to the local greeline it was. No need to tool around on land on this stream.

Many of the fish have been in the water for at least six weeks and are behaving much more like wild fish. The stocked brookies were slamming streamers with much decisiveness and vigor. They also fought like **** in the open water. The only truly offensive looking specimen was this bow.

Most of the bows were about 13" in length

This finned out brown measured 21"

This beast was in the 23-24 inch range

Happy trails bud

Not sure why the turkey in the background was cavorting with the goose.

After harassing the trout for a while, I headed downstream about six miles in hopes of catch this season's first smallie.

Being the Rock Bass, Stonerollers, Red Horse Suckers, Smallies had been busy doing their deeds, the riverbed was heavily fanned. After catching nearly everything except for bronze after beating the water for an hour and a half, I finally picked up this spent but feisty 18" female.

·
Registered
6,021 Posts
What's the definition of a greenline? I think a blueline (in my understanding) is a small creek that appears on a map as a blueline, which might or might not be too small to rate a name. But the phrase greenline is new to me.

Reactions: dbeam

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
What's the definition of a greenline? I think a blueline (in my understanding) is a small creek that appears on a map as a blueline, which might or might not be too small to rate a name. But the phrase greenline is new to me.
Greenline = Hatchery Supported

·
Red X Angler
11,227 Posts
Len, if you look at the NCWRC maps the different waters also carry a different color outline. Wild water = blueline, wild water natural bait + brownline, Catch and release artificial lures only = purpleline, C and R artifical flies only - redline, DH = black dotted line, HS = greenline. probably a color or 2 that if have forgot. sometimes 3 or more colors per stream. Check maps closely and look for Wildlife Diamonds

Darrell

1 - 12 of 12 Posts