NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about purchasing a Rite Bobbin, prob the Mag Half hitch. Anybody have any experience with these? Worth the $$? I have a heavy hand with my current cheap bobbins and keep somehow snapping my 6/0 thread because of it. I thought that having the tension selection on the bobbin would help.

·
Registered
307 Posts
I've used a few of the Rite Bobbins (the standard, half hitch, and cermag). They are wonderful tools. Absolutely worth the money. I would highly recommend either the standard, half hitch, or mag. I wasn't as impressed with the cermag or the shorty. The shorty seemed like it couldn't do anything better than the standard and the cermag has the same size tube as the standard, which seemed odd to me for such a large bobbin. If I was gonna be tying truly huge stuff I wouldn't want such a small tube.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
I've been using Rite-bobbins for some time and quite prefer them to the standard bobbins. The advantage is a smooth consistent tension on the thread which can be somewhat precisely adjusted. I use the standard model that seems to work just fine for what I do. With that said, I recently began using the Norvise automatic bobbins and have become a huge fan of that system.

·
Registered
17,058 Posts
May have to cure a little heavy hand for the 6/0 thread. I use that side all the time and when I try to apply a little to much thread it breaks. Just rethread an continue to tie. All I have are the regular bobbins, so cannot compare with other styles. But they are on my list....

·
Registered
389 Posts
Rite Bobbins are awesome. Also check out Stonfo disk drag bobbins. I have both and both are about the same. My favorite bobbin is the C & F Design standard with ceramic tip. Its not a drag bobbin, but it is by far the smoothest I have ever used. Its sorta pricey tho.

I recommend a Rite or Stonfo. It helps with very light threads.....I also like it for GSP when spinning deer hair. It hurts your hand after awhile palming for tension with a standard bobbin. In my opinion its def. worth the money if you tie alot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.