NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been avoiding bass fishing on the Neuse, even though I live 10 minutes from the Bill Lane ramp in Goldsboro. I just don't know how to do it. I went out a few weeks ago and got tossed around in the current for 30 minutes or so and then went home. Should I be avoiding the main river and fishing the creeks? Should I make a drag chain? Should I stick to getting a fish every couple trips at Wiggins Mill ? I lost a 4-5 pounder there today.

·
Registered
3,441 Posts
I have been avoiding bass fishing on the Neuse, even though I live 10 minutes from the Bill Lane ramp in Goldsboro. I just don't know how to do it. I went out a few weeks ago and got tossed around in the current for 30 minutes or so and then went home. Should I be avoiding the main river and fishing the creeks? Should I make a drag chain? Should I stick to getting a fish every couple trips at Wiggins Mill ? I lost a 4-5 pounder there today.
Main river is fine as long as the cfm's are normal.....creek mouths are awesome spots but i would put in and have someone pick you up at the the next takeout assuming it is 5 miles or less.....throw white or chartreuse spinnerbaits with a trailer hook .

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
One of these weekends we need to get together and yak some of the creeks I bass fish in off the Neuse. I can't promise monster bass but I can guarantee some good numbers and a chance at monster bowfin and bass in the 2-3# range.

·
Registered
748 Posts
cant really get into the creeks around goldsboro but it wouldn't be hard to get to a mouth and drop anchor for a few minutes, make repeated casts to the creek. use buzz, popper, cranks, spinnerbaits. you can catch multiple fish from pretty much every one of these places. would be tedious if 20' but tossing anchor 3' at a time is nothing. the lower the water is the better, as far as your current, and for the bass fishing as well...

·
Registered
548 Posts
One of these weekends we need to get together and yak some of the creeks I bass fish in off the Neuse. I can't promise monster bass but I can guarantee some good numbers and a chance at monster bowfin and bass in the 2-3# range.
I'd be down for a river yak trip. Esp. now that I dont work weekends anymore. Will be outta town for the 4th though

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.