NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone fishing this tournament on June 7th ? Looks like heavy Kayak and canoe but can also be done on float tube and foot...... Raleigh Outdoor is the host but can go up to two hours away......Rivers only.......... I'm going to hoof it on foot (kayak is ordered but a month out)...... Think I found a spot to walk the Neuse but would love any insight into good river spots on foot.......

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Eno might be a good option for you if boatless. If weather and water conditions are favorable I suspect you are going to need a limit of fish that average 20" to be in the money.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Raleigh stop isn't on the schedule list on the website anymore (www.riverbassintrail.com). What's the deal? Anyone know?

Apparently you can still find the Raleigh tourney page and register. Not sure why it's not listed anymore in the 2014 lineup.

-Jeff

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Raleigh stop isn't on the schedule list on the website anymore (www.riverbassintrail.com). What's the deal? Anyone know?
Only saw two people signed up the other day..... Tried to call the Director to see if this was happening and no return call so guess that's my answer....... Sucks......... Well now have an open Saturday to fish somewhere........ There is a stop in Winston Salem later this year.........

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I heard back. Bad news. It's cancelled for this weekend and may be rescheduled. I've been looking forward to this for months. It was going to be my first fishing tournament ever.

You'd think if they cancelled the event, that information would be plastered all over the website. I'm disappointed in many ways with this scenario.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I heard back. Bad news. It's cancelled for this weekend and may be rescheduled. I've been looking forward to this for months. It was going to be my first fishing tournament ever.

You'd think if they cancelled the event, that information would be plastered all over the website. I'm disappointed in many ways with this scenario.
Thank You for the update..... I'm disappointed as well this was a pretty cool format and was looking forward to meeting some area river fisherman tonight and tomorrow........ Not sure why they just let this drop off without some announcement either, there may be people driving some distance to sign up tonight. There are some pretty major sponsors on this trail to just treat it like the local dock side sign up...... Hope they reschedule and will most likely sign up for the event in Winston Salem...........

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Sounds like they are definitely going to reschedule for later in the year and up the prizes for it. Some guy drove from Alabama and didn't find out til he got here....I know he ain't happy.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sounds like they are definitely going to reschedule for later in the year and up the prizes for it. Some guy drove from Alabama and didn't find out til he got here....I know he ain't happy.
Ouch...... I figured that was going to happen......... I was going to stop up there at 8:00 and see if there were a few that showed, maybe point them to some good places to go since they are here........

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
This whole thing was managed rather poorly. Conditions are good on all the local flows, would have been a great day for a tournament in Raleigh.

Anyone wanna engage in a friendly competition, post their catches from tomorrow on a thread as if we're competing? Since I reserved the time to fish, I'll be on the water around 6 am, fishing 'til 1 pm or so.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
This whole thing was managed rather poorly. Conditions are good on all the local flows, would have been a great day for a tournament in Raleigh.

Anyone wanna engage in a friendly competition, post their catches from tomorrow on a thread as if we're competing? Since I reserved the time to fish, I'll be on the water around 6 am, fishing 'til 1 pm or so.
oh yeah, you post your am fish and I will post my pm fish cept mine will have whiskers!!

·
Registered
2,778 Posts

Ill post up my catches from sunday assuming the busted water pipe in my well house is fixed by then.

Gene - Red》X《 - Asheboro

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

im hitting Wheeler around 4 this afternoon....... Me and First Friday got a little to chummy last night so the Saturday am thing did not happen...... I'll post if I get a few chunks :)

UPDATE : Goose Egg

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Unofficially 46". Not great, but decent for fishing new water and most importantly, I beat Mack's previous score :). Most fish caught on a black buzzbait and weightless fluke or lizard. Got one on a spro swimbait. Caught 25-30 bass, most were 12-13". Water was super clear, ~4-6' visbility. Fish were holding very tight to wood, especially after the sun came up, and most were aggressive.

My best 3 are attached, plus a few scenery shots. Saw a turkey, bald eagle, osprey, otter, and beaver. This spot is remote!

Fish Tartan Glove Ray-finned fish Recreation Fish Fender Seafood Gas Automotive tire Tartan Fish Fisherman Fishing Scaled reptile Water Cloud Sky Plant Fluvial landforms of streams Water Boat Plant Water resources Plant community Water Cloud Sky Plant Plant community

Attachments

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
That sure is some purdy water! Glad you got on some fish! Im hoping to get on 'em like that tommorow morning!

Gene - Red》X《 - Asheboro

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
That's a sweet spot and likely never or rarely hit where you were. Just got a bunch of texts from you know who claiming massive cats all over his baits. I didn't have it in me to go all night tonight after little sleep last night. I think I'm going to regret it!

Otters worry me about the damage they might do to big bass for a few miles of river. They are in every flow we fished . Saw three together last year at my favorite spot and more upstream near my house hunting. I know there's a bunch at the pickerel spot.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts