NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This came on last Sunday. Did anyone notice when he was fighting that 250lb catfish that part of the time he was winding his reel with his left hand and part of the time with his right? I wondered if that huge reel was designed to enable him to switch sides when one arm gets fatigued from fighting that monster. Or was it just some trickery going on that didn't get edited properly....? Thanks

Sent from my kayak...

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
I was wondering about that. It appears to be the same rod and reel though so I am wondering if it was maybe some sort of mirroring effect? It is pretty obvious and you think they would have caught that. It seems difficult and impractical to make a convention reel that you can switch sides on because it would require two sets of gears and two drags systems. and it also makes no sense as to why they would bring a reel identical to another, except with the handle on the opposite side. I did find it odd when I first watched it that he was reeling with his right hand, as he usually reels with his left on all types of reels. The reel with the handle on the right might have been brought to recreate the shots at an angle where the camera could see him reeling in better. Just speculation I am puzzled as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts