NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been using a road runner for some time with mixed results. How do you fish yours? I'm still trying to get good at using things other then live bait.

·
Registered
852 Posts
You might want to add some small inline spinners to your tackle box. White, yellow, or chartreuse rooster tail or mepps about an inch to an inch and a half seem to work well for many of the fish around here. Cast parallel to the banks where the little minnows hide and you can usually pick up a bass, cat, white perch, white bass, or even a sunfish. Ultralite to light gear works best for this size lure. The ones with the feather tails seem to work better than the bare hooks.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a couple of these and had not had much success with them either. Will try it the way you describe it.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe I'm an idiot, but here goes. Do you just simply cast and slow retrieve these too?

·
Registered
1,444 Posts
depending on what you have rigged on the back of them..

i have used every thing from a tiny fluke-which works best-

4 " twister tail grub

to a 5" tube-see uconn i do use a tube now and again..

zooker

·
Registered
852 Posts
For the inline spinners, yes, cast and let it sink for a few seconds to whatever depth you want to start at, then retrieve just fast enough to get the blade spinning. If you were in a school of breaking fish you might trry just ripping it over the surface as fast as you can to see if you could get one to hit it.

Different sizes and brands take different speeds to get the blade moving.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I appreciate the help. You ever need help finding a way to beat a cover 2 coverage for the annual family flag football game let me know.:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.