NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who are interested in kayak tournaments, May 3rd 2008 is the date for the 5th Annual Jacksonville (FL) Kayak Fishing Classic. I have fished in this event each year (I may have missed one) but it holds claim to the "worlds largest" kayak fishing tournament. The event has grown to over 200 anglers and certainly is a well run event. Mike Kogan who started it, does a fantastic job with the event raising over $50,000 in prizes, along with making a sizable donation to the charity "daniel".

It is for all skill levels, live/dead bait, artificial users, and there is even a fly division. I will be going down, probably on Thursday May 1st to meet up with friends of mine from Florida. From Charlotte it is about 6 hours, and I dont know if others are interested in attending. If you are then I will let you know where my team will be staying and help out any way I can with the area. I have never done well in this event, so I can only be so much help.....Jax is a big area, and a challenge to fish. Target species will be reds, trout and flounder. But the event is a great time and worth the trip..

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Ya got my attention, Erayyak...

I'd been thinking that I wanted to "stretch my legs" a bit more this year... Actually entertained the idea for a few minutes at least, of heading north to Jamaica Bay (same weekend). I do think I'll put some serious effort into making the TKAA event (first half of October, I'm told to expect)... I was surprised, though, to learn that Jax was that close, I'd imagined it farther.

$60 plus travel plus out-of-state license... hm, that's getting a tad beyond pocket change...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.