NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I`m thinking of taking my dad to roades? pond fri the 11th . He read about it in a really old bassmaster mag. Has anyone fished it? Is it open to the public? and finally where do I put in?(canoe fishing) thanks.....

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Hey Ogrefish. I've fished it a couple but haven't had any real sucess at this point. I thinking about giving it shot this weekend though. It is open now. Since, The state purchased it last year and there a place to lauch right along hwy 301. Good Luck

·
Registered
464 Posts
drive in the drive and drop it..
Ive caught a few small bass, and a few about 3lbs or so...all from the bank.
Coach D always has good luck there with crappie and brim. There are some really nice weed beds everywhere..and you can reach most of them on foot. Lots of palces that are holding fish.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I've caught some nice sized pickeral there recently fishing from the dam with minnows. I caught them when fishing in the river from the dam. Casting towards the bridge. Also caught some real nice black crappie there from shore. Will post up pics as soon as I get things together. Gotta replace my computer or remember to to bring my cord over to mom's house.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
If you get on 301 North head towards Dunn. After you go through the small town of Godwin (before you get to Dunn) the pond is right there. Can't miss it.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
It's a real good size. No gas motors allowed if you have a boat. Lots of frontage to shore fish if you don't have a boat. That's how I was fishng the other day with my buddy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.