NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going up to this hills this coming weekend with the family to get away for a while. Just wondering if someone had recommendations on areas I could wet a line in that area. Either trout or smallies would be good with me, I'm content striking out targeting either one.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Doe River starts on on the Roan and winds its way through the State Park and on into town then takes a western bend into the Doe River gorge which sports an old abandoned train track right of way ,no rails, which was once the ETWNC (eat taters and wear no clothes, the locals called it) rail road into Linville NC. Better known as "Tweetsie". Its tough hiking into the gorge but I have heard the fishing is good to great certain times of the year. You can go in from the other end in Hampton Tennessee if you wish I think. The fishing in town, roan mtn, can be good for browns if the water is stained a little. I have caught smallies off bear cage road way back when. Have no idea about the conditions or fisheries there now. One of the poorer counties in tenn. Carter is. Have some family there. Eat at Bobs dairyland uncle used to own it a few years back and they still have a decent cheese burger last I ate there several years ago. good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts