NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is my report for the one time I got to get out. I hope I'm describing the area corrct, but I think it's considered Roanoke Sound (if your familar with the area, it's where 158 becomes Rt 64) I fished/paddled for about 3 hrs..lauhched at 3:30ish, around high tide..I swear I could not find water 2 ft or more...I did see a lot of fish, but i couldnt hook up with any..there was a TON of bait....literally shrimp was landing in my kayak...I was also throwing bass-assasins, Grey, white and chartruese, tsunami, slug-os...There was A LOT of grass in the water, and my presentations were fouled from the grass most of the time.. I was wishing I had some weedless hooks...anyway, it felt good to get out, but fustrating to not catch...

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Thanks for the report bassblues! Hopefully it will start getting better next month as things start to cool off. They don't call them the summer doldrums for nothing.......LOL!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.