NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I keep reading articles about the camping platforms along the Roanoke River. In particular near Jamesville. I was thinking about doing an overnight canoe/camping trip out of the boat ramp at Jamesville and staying on one of the camping platforms off of Devils Gut (sometime in the next year). I have been on the Roanoke River Partners webpage and it is fairly informative, but would like to know more about the fishing and camping.

Anybody have any experience camping on the platforms? Best time of year to go? Fishing expectations? I am originally from the swamps of Sampson County, so I know all about the bugs and critters.

Thanks
Dave

·
Registered
113 Posts
Been thinking about doing this as well. I live in Jamesville, but just moved there recently so I don't know the Roanoke real well. I would worry about snakes; there are plenty of them around. If you decide to do this let me know. I'd love to try it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.