NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings fellow fisherman! I'm changing up my fishing routine. Instead of fishing east of Ebenezer Boat Ramp, I'm putting in at Roberson Creek. I'd like to try fishing from the Haw river to Poe's Ridge boat ramp. That general area anyway... Fishing for bass (any kind) and crappie. Any tips you can share would be greatly appreciated by me and my son. I know fisherman hang on to their secrets pretty tightly, and I can appreciate that or understand that, but I'm willing to pay my dues, do my homework, and put in the hours to be successful. I will definitely share anything that I find with everyone here.

·
Registered
367 Posts
In the winter months that end of the lake is very productive for crappie, especially around Stinking Creek. I don't typically fish it this time of the year, but there's plenty of water in the river channel in front of the dam, and I'm guessing there's resident fish down there year round. Fish are definitely going to be suspended now, due to the thermocline. Do you have a Livescope ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey Panfish Jack! Thanks for your quick response. I'm about to invest in a better fishfinder. I now have an older model Humminbird Helix 5 with only 2D sonar. So as of today, no LiveScope.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Panfish Jack! Thanks for your quick response. I'm about to invest in a better fishfinder. I now have an older model Humminbird Helix 5 with only 2D sonar. So as of today, no LiveScope.
I'm about to head to Poe's Ridge Boat ramp to give it a shot. I'll target fish suspended after the sun is up and let you know the results.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts