NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just having gotten back into fishing, I dont have a lot of tackle to store, however I was tired of just propping it up in the garage when it wasnt being used so I decided to make use of a peg board in my garage. Im sure this will continue to evolve over time, but here is the start of my set up.

Thought it would be cool for folks to share their storage ideas. Would love to see any homemade rack/mount ideas as well store bought ones you enjoy, etc...

garage.jpg

·
Registered
606 Posts
I did the same thing with the peg board. You can put 2 rods and reels on the same two pegs by facing them in different directions.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah there is definitely the room to double up on each peg if need be, but with my limited rod/reel selection at this point, i figured they all were deserving of their own space haha

·
Registered
365 Posts
I just lean mine up on the treadmill - doesn't get used for anything else, and the rubber tread keeps my tackle box from slippin', or getting kicked around the floor.

But seriously folks, if your garage gets hot, consider removing your reels (or spools) and taking them in the house. Lengthy exposure to heat weakens monofilament.

Good lookin' display!

Plus Fishin',
RW

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
I got tackle everywhere. A boat load, a bunch in my truck and a bunch in the house. Bass Pro and Gander Mtn would probably leave town if I put price tags on stuff and opened the doors. At the time these pics were taken, I hadnt restocked alot of stuff after the season yet.

tackle2.jpg tackle1.jpg tackle3.jpg

·
Registered
875 Posts
I don't know if it's true, but somewhere I read that rods shouldn't be stored horizontally. I have a vertical rack for mine, which is over full so it's time to buy another one. Like the ideas though.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
@meenyt im sure if you store them horizontally and allow the rod itself to sag, then yeah its probably not good for them at all

@bruce thats a good looking set up there, i had considered doing the ceiling mount as well, but elected to let my POS rods shine on the wall haha

@neilslure nice peg board usage!

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I used "L" brackets on the wall of the back patio/sunroom, or as the wife calls it, "the tackle shop that she used to enjoy before I took it over", like you use for shelves, and lay the rods across. I can get 3-4 per "shelf" Then I have the roll around storage bins with drawers lined on the wall and a work table a hutch, a pantry, some shelves, a tackle box rack, some standing rod holders, a roll around rod rack, blue bins, and ....I think I have a problem...:rolleyes:

Reactions: Rod Wielder
1 - 10 of 10 Posts