NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the past I have used the Berkley rod racks that you install on the wall. But I have run out of room on the walls in my garage. Other than buying a rod rack with wheels, anyone have a creative way of storing their fishing rods? I did consider the ceiling space as well. Needs to hold 20 rods (spinning/casting). Thanks.

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
old five gallon bucket, pour some sand in the bottom, shove pvc pipe in the sand and then use a can of expanding foam insulation and fill in around the pipes pour the sand out if you want when done however I would not... you need the weight

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Or you could take fojo's approach and just dedicate a room in the house to rod storage. Add on to the house if necessary. :D

I've got the pipes-in-a-bucket thing going on, and I've got the berkeley approach (I mounted one piece to a magnet and clamped it to the side of the upright freezer, and built a small shelf to sit the butts up off the floor... Haven't used the second piece yet...

I also put a pair of arms (1x2 pine scrap lumber) on a pair of rafters over the garage door... it'll hold as many rods as you can pile up there, but it's much more "cold storage" than keeping-em-on-hand...

Reactions: erayyak

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I took and old roll around TV Stand and added PVC all the way around on 3 sides and slide my 2 tackle boxes in the middle. I want to build one of HOTSPOTS deals for 20 rods and add rollers.

Reactions: erayyak

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
These are all great ideas. Someone else gave me a pulley system rod storage idea for the ceiling also. I actually may incorporate several of these, just to try them. I certainly appreciate the ideas.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
A friend of mine has a room in his basement with bike hooks screwed into the walls on both sides of the room and all the way across the ceiling. Each pair has at least two rods in it and some have 4. He still has more rods than places to put them.... Me....I'm not much worse.....:eek:. The best solution is to get rid of some.....But I just can't seem to do that.

·
Registered
5,795 Posts
I WENT TO LOWES AND PURCHASED ONE OF THOSE THINGS TO HANG BROOMS AND RAKES AND SUCH, THEY ARE LIKE CLAMPS, DONT KNOW THE NAME BUT THEY WILL HOLD UP TO 5 ROD ANS REEL ALONG THE WALL. I'LL GET A PIC. AND SHOW YOU. CHRIS

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
The easiest method I know is to take a milk crate and ty-wrap pvc tubes into the corners. Then ty-wrap one holder per side in place. Place the reels facing the center. Holds eight freshwater sized rigs. You can weight the bottom if you like or just leave it as is. Fits well in corners. You can get two dozen outfits in three units. If you need more ....you have an obsession....:D

·
Registered
4,810 Posts
Thats the first one I've seen pointy-end down... Novel!!

Reactions: tcfisherman

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Definately a floor rod rack is a good way to go, or could use rod storage up high in a garage by horizontal storage.

Hotspot had a post where he made a rack out of PVC pipe (floor type rack).

Like you, I have the wall rack, but I really like the floor rack alot better ;)

Xmas... comin up.. could use your set ups like this:

Or.. just leavin 'em layin around the livin room until the wife/girlfriends says somethin.... :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.