NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to get a rod recommendation. I will be fishing nearshore reefs for flounder/sea bass/other bottom species. Also, I will be fishing for sheepshead inshore. I want a sensitive, durable rod. I already know the reel I will be pairing with but just need a rod and have heard so many suggestions. What would you guys recommend? Budget is not an issue, just not something outrageously expensive because I will be buying 3. Thanks.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I want to get a general recommendation from many perspectives on this site before purchasing a rod. Not set on any certain type of rod, just want insight from everyone before dropping a lot of money.

·
Registered
3,399 Posts
Sounds reasonable, good luck. Post what you end up buying. ........ ICM

·
Registered
425 Posts
Since you are going to be buying 3 rods, determine what species and where you will be chasing them more often, and buy 2 of the rods rated for that purpose. Buy the other rod for whatever else you plan on doing less often. Then you can have a set up for each situation with the least comprimise in quality and feel as possible.

·
Registered
523 Posts
The Shimano Trevala TVS 70ML is a spectacular nearshore rod. Originally designed for light butterfly jigging, I use it for casting stingsilvers at albies, dropping Spro-and-Gulp for flounder, and vertical jigging Roscoe Jr's for black sea bass. Match it with a 4000 size reel and it's about as close to a one-size-fits-all as you can find.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts