NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past weekend I noticed that one of my favorite rods (and one of most expensive) - a Star Seagis - has a bent guide which caused the guide ring to pop out. The rod has Fuji K-Series Tangle-Free guides with Alconite rings, so I'm just curious what I should expect if I just drop this off at my local tackle store (normally Reel Outdoors) and had them repair it. Would you expect that by default they would replace the guide (if necessary) and ring with the same type/quality or would I have to specify it? Any thoughts or recommendations around this to ensure I get the same quality materials that came on the rod? Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
6,366 Posts
It is unreasonable as a consumer to expect anything more than what you specify....this is unfortunate, however is now the norm. Take the rod to your normal repair place and let them know your expectations. If they are unable to fulfill them, take the rod somewhere that can.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
These days you have to make expectations clear AND get them in writing!! Sad, but true..

·
Registered
43 Posts
Try Mudhole.com and fix it yourself. I have replaced all the guides on a Shimano Rod and now that is my go to rod. Make your on Rod holder and use an microwave turntable motor for your drying rack.. Mudhole has everything you need

·
Registered
523 Posts
Seagis Repair

Take the rod back to where you bought it. It helps greatly if you have the receipt. They should replace the rod for you if it was damaged during "normal use". That means fishing, not riding in a truck or stuck in a rod holder under the gunnel. You shouldn't have to settle for a repair...again if it was damaged during normal use. Please drop me a PM if the exchange doesn't happen.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts