NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 20 of 334 Posts

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's Thursday, which means that I'm starting to lose my concentration at work because my focus keeps shifting over to the chart that is sitting next to me.

Where to go, where to go. OH the possibilities! Trout or Striper???? East or stay close to home? Fly or spinning? Son, friend, or solo trip? Early or late? SOO MANY QUESTIONS!

Anyway, who else is out there contemplating a weekend foray into the wild brown waters????? Anyone else having trouble getting through the thought of another day and a half before they can hit the water???

·
Registered
550 Posts
It's Thursday, which means that I'm starting to lose my concentration at work because my focus keeps shifting over to the chart that is sitting next to me.

Where to go, where to go. OH the possibilities! Trout or Striper???? East or stay close to home? Fly or spinning? Son, friend, or solo trip? Early or late? SOO MANY QUESTIONS!

Anyway, who else is out there contemplating a weekend foray into the wild brown waters????? Anyone else having trouble getting through the thought of another day and a half before they can hit the water???
I hear ya! Been on this forum all day. I'm headed for trout on sunday myself.

·
Registered
40 Posts
LOL - man, we need some of these retired guys to post daily reports for us to live vicariously through.

Unfortunately, they are all out fishing :(
OK here you go.
I don't do weekends. I leave that for you working stiffs. By the way how do you get anything done posting all day? Just got back from playing with the Reds behind Bear Island. Scattered a little more than they have been lately but managed a dozen or so in a couple hours time. Water temp. is climbing saw some 64 deg. water as I was quitting.

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I will be up in Burlington on Lake Mackintosh this Sunday for a bass tourney in the electric boat.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You can always count me in fishing the weekends. For a change, i'm actually headed up to my buddies place in WV to look for some rainbow and brown trout. Good Luck to everyone. Hope someone comes back with a bonito report. Looks like water temps have warmed up in the 60s nearshore.

·
Registered
9,996 Posts
I was planning to try my luck this week fly fishing for Bream at New Bern, and trying my outboard out, but back probs stopped all that. Getting better now, so maybe I'll be able to get on the water either this coming week, or next week.
I'd had several health issues lately. Being retired is very nice, but from what I've learned about it, between dr visits for myself, and my wife, and other obligations that I've gotten my own self into have dampened my chances at fishing. Now, I have to check my calendar for dr visits, and check the weather for a fishing day. It is crazy at how many of the good weather days have dr appts on them. It is unreal. lol

·
Registered
108 Posts
Gonna try and get out on the water a bit this evening before this storm. Not gonna have much of a chance to fish Saturday and Sunday. Now to decide where to wet my lines, either freeman, northeast creek or check out bear island area. Water temps in most of the new river/ICW are over 65 from what I've seen. Last weekend I could of went swimming in the back of French creek!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Gonna try and get out on the water a bit this evening before this storm. Not gonna have much of a chance to fish Saturday and Sunday. Now to decide where to wet my lines, either freeman, northeast creek or check out bear island area. Water temps in most of the new river/ICW are over 65 from what I've seen. Last weekend I could of went swimming in the back of French creek!
Im down to hit behind Bear Island with you today man.

1 - 20 of 334 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.