NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it's Thursday, and if you are a workin' schlub like me, you are probably starting to day dream about your weekend trip!

I've got flatties on the mind, and thanks to some great advice from a few folks on this forum, I'm hoping to see better results this weekend! Still not sure where I'll end up, yet, but man is it fun having so many possibilities!

Who else is headed out????????

·
Red X Angler
16,054 Posts
I want to hit the old reds but might not have my transom fixed in time :(

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Going to try to get out, mostly likely will only be able to go Sunday. Can't decide where to go, anybody want to join up either on my boat or yours? I haven't eaten any fish in a while. Preference would be big reds, or slot reds, or some trout, maybe some Flounder, or anything that pulls even, just no skunk.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Awesome. Sounds like some old reds are on the radar and I am looking forward to the reports! Wvheel, I know where you live, so you better report back!!

I am headed for flounder with my son. Got some good advice, and can't wait to put it to use!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello Green,

Didn't actually measure it, but I'd guess between 44 and 48 inches. My buddy and I were using cut mullet on the bottom. This was caught out near the mouth of the Pamlico River, anchored near a slightly deeper cut on a shoal. Our bait was past it's prime, meaning it was quite stale and mushy. We only caught this one... Probably would have done better with more and fresher bait.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.