NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, here is the latest on the boat ramp situation:

The WRC guy who will be working on our new docks will be working at the Hickory Hill boat ramps through next Wednesday. After that, he is supposed to call us and set up a time to come in (starting at Rolling View) and pour the concrete abutments. This will hopefully take place within the next couple of weeks, then after that they should come in and build the wooden dock structure.

So, it looks like these docks will be all ready to open just in time to close down again due to lack of water :D:eek: I'll keep y'all posted!

·
Red X Angler
13,664 Posts
LOL! Thanks!

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
(after than we can get to work on shortening Baptist road and extending the park hours! :))
Your wish very well may come true. The new Chief of Operations (#3 from the Gov.) is in favor of extending gate hours. Most of our complaints come from campers, so they might be the only areas affected by the extended hours.

Not sure how he is going to do it yet; might use electronic gates, add a third shift for the rangers, leaving only the campground open later, or leaving the gates open all the time. At this point, no one really knows for sure what's going to happen, though I wouldn't be surprised to see the hours just extended throughout the spring, fall and winter.

Now as for Baptist rd...That's outta my Jurisdiction. Might have to call Mr. Tippet on that one ;)

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
How 'bout getting some equipment in there to build a primitive watercraft launch
"Primitive"? That'd be great, make sure our high-tech purpose-built fish-hunting marvels of modern inginuity can use it too! :D

Reactions: Jeffonc

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I heard yesterday that the concrete abutment had been, or was in the process of being, poured (I have been off the past couple days so I have not seen it for myself). Hopefully it won't take 8 months to get the floating portions constructed.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, The docks built and were delivered today! They are currently sitting in the parking lot, but are scheduled to be installed over the next few days. Hopefully the weather will hold out and they can get installed by next week.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
OK, Holly Point's dock is in and looks GREAT! Rolling View's will be installed next week. Here is a photo of the new Holly Point dock. I really like the new hand rails for those of us getting up there in years. Unfortunately they look to be about 15 feet shorter than the old docks.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Rolling View dock was installed yesterday and is ready for use. Like Holly Point, it is a bit shorter than the old docks, but is a bit wider. Sure is nice having boat docks again!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.