NC Angler Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out Saturday to Rose Bay / Germantown area. Fishing was slow but we managed a couple keeper flounder and some nice trout had to go back in the water. I also landed a nice 4 spot slot red.

Apparently it is cow nose ray mating season as we saw thousands and hooked several by accident just because they were so thick. Also saw a huge dead bear washed up on the bank stuck in attack mode with claws and teeth out.

Attachments

·
Registered
75 Posts
I've got to get down there to go fishing. Duck hunted there a couple times a year for the past 10 years. It's a beautiful area for sure...I bet that bear was rank if you got down wind of it. :eek:

·
Registered
666 Posts
Nice catch. I went to Rose Bay Saturday with no results. Did see a lot of the Rays. Did you put over at the Wildlife Ramp?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes..we put in at the ramp.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Nice work. Glad to see someone is catching some drum. Your avatar is awesome by the way.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Wonder if that was the same bear we saw swimming across Rose Bay about 3 weeks ago?

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
I have heard some of N.C. biggest black bears live at the coast. Tripy.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
I believe the world record black bear was taken in eastern NC in the 90s. High 800s or something like that.

·
Registered
256 Posts
The heaviest black bear reliably weighed was an 880-pound 10-year-old male killed in Craven County, North Carolina, in November 1998. It is not only a NC record, it is also the North American record black bear!

Reactions: sundrop

·
Registered
1 Posts
Nice catch! A buddy and I put in at Germantown on Saturday. They reworked the docks so it's a lot safer now. We caught 8 trout, 1 small flounder and 1 small blue. A few of the trout would have been keepers. All were caught on white pogies.

·
Registered
662 Posts
That record black bear was shot right near Vanceboro. It was eating dead pigs thrown into a dumpster at a hog farm for a while. Easy way for a bear to get nice and fat!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts