NC Angler Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taking the kayaks out tomorrow am. Thinking Rose Bay, what is the best place to launch? Anyone had any advice? I've fished the Pungo but never Rose Bay, heard it was beautiful so wanted to try something new.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Curtis. Thinking of chasing some reds. Have the flounder shown up yet?

·
Registered
666 Posts
I launch from the Wildlife ramp all the time and fish that area. Several bays to fish in. Last year I was catching Reds and flounder on Gulp Shrimp White/Char. Let us know how you do.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We'll do. Is the wildlife ramp the first or second ramp? Looking at Google earth there are two ramps about a mile apart.

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
Wow, Rose Bay. That brings back memories. Had a friend whose parents owned the funeral home in Swanquarter. Used to freak me out sleeping at a funeral home. We would put in at the end of Lake Landing Rd. across from Mattamuskeet and shoot ducks. 32 years or so ago.

·
Registered
3,507 Posts
Wouldn't it be a pretty decent paddle if you actually want to fish Rose Bay from the yak? I'm sure you could find fish within paddling distance of the ramp no doubt tho.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quite the paddle! :). We didn't make it out to the bay, only paddled out to the pier. Not much happening, we picked up 1 keeper flounder, one short flounder and a nice trout.

We did see something crazy though, a bear swam all the way across the creek just up from the pier. I was going to try and catch it but wasn't sure what the size regulations were! Awesome sight.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Every time I have been out at Rose Bay it is crowd free. Thanks for the report. What baits were you using?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts